Marry Me Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rumor has it that these cookies played a huge role in Grandpa asking Grandma to marry him. They are now a family favorite, and the kids go nuts for them. G— and B— like to help add the ingredients, watch the “kitchen tractor” (aka Kitchen Aid), beg for chocolate chips, and make mommy forget just how many cups of flour she has already added.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- A WHOLE bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (yeah baby!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, water, and vanilla. Add the baking soda and salt. Mix in the flour. I know you are supposed to shift everything, but we never do! Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased pans. Hide a little bit of uncooked dough in the fridge for daddy or he will whine.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.