Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Steamer
A couple of years ago I fell in love with Starbucks’ Pumpkin Steamer, but I am too cheap and too lazy to go buy one every night (because that is how often I crave them!). And if you have read what is in the Starbucks Pumpkin Steamer finding an alternative isn’t a bad choice for your health either!
I have been working on perfecting this recipe for two years. Am I just crazy or super dedicated? Don’t answer that. I have tried a ton of different syrups and variations of fresh pumpkin, with no success. It never tasted quite right. But I have finally figured it out! Ends up I have been focusing too much on the pumpkin and not enough on the other flavors. Pumpkin is such a strong flavor that it can overpower everything else if you aren’t careful.
Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Steamer Recipe
- 8 oz fat free milk
- 1/2 squirt Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 2 squirts Torani Vanilla Syrup
- A sprinkle of Ground Saigon Cinnamon
(I love this kind of cinnamon because it has a stronger and fuller flavor)
- Pour your milk into a mug and microwave it for 1 minute and 45 seconds. It cools down once you froth it, so you want it on the hot side.
- Add the syrups and the cinnamon, then froth it. You can either use a frothing pitcher or a wand frother. Don’t skip this step! It won’t taste the same! And frothing is so easy to do. Just make sure you leave enough room in your mug because the milk will get puffier the more you froth it.
- Add a little whip cream. I love the first few sips when the cool whip cream mixes in your mouth with the hot milk!
Tip: The syrups are cheapest at Smart and Final, but you can get them at BEVMO and Amazon too.